Last updated: January 31, 2018
Information We Collect
We collect various types of information in connection with the Services, including:
- The information that you give us.
- Information on how you use the system to help us better optimize the solution
Information We Share
We use the information we collect (and may combine it with other information about you) to, among other things:
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide the Services you request.
- Provide customized content for you.
- Understand the way you use the Services so that we can improve your experience
We may share your information with:
- Strategic business partners that have signed Non-Disclosure agreements. Examples include our investors, attorneys and security advisors.
- Service partners that provide services on our behalf. Examples could be Stripe or PayPal to process your payments or Twilio to send text messages.
- Law enforcement—when we are required to do so or to protect DanceStudio-Pro and its users.
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists to third parties unless compelled to do so by law. Furthermore, we do not store or save any credit card or banking information in our systems. All financial information, included credit card numbers and bank account numbers, is stored by the merchant processor in PCI compliant facilities.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you whenever you use the DanceStudio-Pro Services, for example:
- When you create an account on the DanceStudio-Pro App, we may ask for Personal Information such as your name, email, mailing address and other information you may provide with your account. You can edit certain information in your account by going to More > Settings in the DanceStudio-Pro App.
- If you’re a customer of one of our Subscribers, we collect information about you when you interact with their business through the DanceStudio-Pro Services. For example, if you initiate a transaction with the Subscriber through the Service, such as an appointment or purchase, we may collect information about you, such as your name, email, as well as any other information you provide in order to process the transaction.
- If you’re a Subscriber, we collect information about your business that is submitted to the DanceStudio-Pro Services under your account. When you sign up for our Software Service, we ask for your company name, address, phone number, email, and other information about your business, as well as names and email addresses of authorized individuals on your account. We also collect Personal Information about your customers that they provide to the DanceStudio-Pro Services when they initiate a transaction with you, such as an appointment or purchase.
- We may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the DanceStudio-Pro Services, such as type of computer or mobile device, unique device identifier, IP Address, MAC address, device’s operating system and physical location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location). We may also store usage data such as the date and time the application on your device accesses our servers, and what information and files have been downloaded to the application based on your device number.
- We may deploy and read identifiers (generally, strings of code) that we have associated with a browser, and we may collect mobile identifiers such as Apple IDFAs or Google Android Ad IDs. We use this information for PUSH notifications and tracking who is accessing the DanceStudio-Pro system.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase or class registration, for example, to process your payments, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To personalize your experience on the DanceStudio-Pro Services.
- Our mobile applications may also send push notifications to your mobile device. If you have previously consented to receiving push notifications and no longer wish to receive them, you can also turn push notifications off at the device level. The applications may also request access to your device’s calendar application, camera, and microphone. If you have previously allowed access to your device’s calendar and no longer wish to allow access, you may edit the application settings at the device level.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services and identifying usage trends.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How We May Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our strategic business partners and third-party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing services, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- To our Subscribers if you are an End User and are using our DanceStudio-Pro Services to interact with that Subscriber. Please contact the Subscriber you interact with directly for more information on that Subscriber’s privacy practices.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials, including as described in the sections below titled “Testimonials and Ratings and Reviews.”
- For legal purposes described in the section below titled “Legal Disclosure.”
California, USA Privacy Rights: Notice to California, USA Customers and Opt-Out Information
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. If you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes offline, please follow the instructions in the Your Choices section, immediately below.
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, or remove Personal Information that has been previously provided by you, you may contact us by logging into your account and making the appropriate changes or by emailing our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or removed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
If you are under 18 years of age and a user of the DanceStudio-Pro Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Service by submitting a request to email@example.com. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information.
If you are a customer of one of our Subscribers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Subscribers, or would like to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate Personal Information held by a Subscriber, you must contact the Subscriber directly.
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways. We and/or our third party partners may employ various tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and analytics software, that help us better manage content on the DanceStudio-Pro Services by informing us what content is effective.
When you visit our website or otherwise interact with the DanceStudio-Pro Services we (or third party data we work with) may send one or more cookies to your computer or other devices. “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers stored on your computer through your web browser and are used by most websites to help personalize your web experience. Some cookies may facilitate additional site features for enhanced performance and functionality such as remembering preferences, analyzing usage for site optimization, providing custom content, and serving images or videos from third party websites. Some features on this site will not function if you do not allow cookies. We may link the information we store in cookies to any Personal Information you submit while on our site.
Functional cookies, persistent and session type, store information to enable core site functionality, such as Account ID remembrance.
Analytics cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.
We (or third party data we work with) may use Web Beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about our DanceStudio-Pro Services, or Other Information we or they have collected. “Web Beacons” (also known as pixel tags) are tiny graphic objects that are embedded in a web page or email and are usually invisible to the user but allow checking that a user has viewed the page or email. Web Beacons may be used within the DanceStudio-Pro Services to track email open rates, web page visits or form submissions. In some cases, we tie the information gathered by Web Beacons to our Subscribers’ and End Users’ Personal Information. For example, we use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications.
Flash and HTML5 Storage
We use Local Shared Objects, such as Flash cookies, AND/OR Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use Flash cookies or HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5..
Do Not Track Signals
At this time we do not respond to browser ‘do not track’ signals.
We use this information to track and aggregate Other Information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements around the DanceStudio-Pro Services and to gather demographic information about our user base in the aggregate.
Our Website offers privately accessible reviews. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose Personal Information through DanceStudio-Pro reviews, this information may be collected and used by others. To request removal of your Personal Information from a review, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If another user posts your review on a public forum such as FaceBook, we will not be able to remove that review from the external site.
We reserve the right to disclose Personal Information that we believe to be necessary or appropriate in the following circumstances:
- As required by law, including laws outside your country of residence, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request including a request from authorities outside your country of residence.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damage we may sustain.
- If DanceStudio-Pro is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice within the software and/or on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Links To Other Websites
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the DanceStudio-Pro Services.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide the applicable DanceStudio-Pro Services you use, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The security of Personal Information is a high priority at DanceStudio-Pro. We maintain our DanceStudio-Pro Services and all associated data with technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your interaction with us (if, for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you can contact us at email@example.com.
Use of Service By Minors
The DanceStudio-Pro Services are not directed or targeted at children under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they do not provide Personal Information through the DanceStudio-Pro Services.
International Data Transfer
The DanceStudio-Pro Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the DanceStudio-Pro Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, biometrics or genetic characteristics, trade union membership or criminal background) on or through the DanceStudio-Pro Services or otherwise to us.